2022-2023 Policies and Procedures…
Payment of fees
Monthly dance tuition is due on the first of each month. Payment is accepted in cash or check. Please put a description of your payment in the memo of your check, a sticky-note, or on front of an envelope with your payment enclosed. For example, $40 costume, $23 Sept. fees. Note: You will not receive a monthly bill to remind you of your tuition due. If payment is turned in after the fifteenth of that said month, a $5 late fee will be applied to your monthly tuition. All returned checks will incur a $30 charge.
Withdrawal or class change
If your child misses class due to illness, vacation, or any other personal reason you are still required to make full payment for your tuition. If your child drops out without completing a month, no refunds will be given.
If weather conditions are inclement, an e-mail will be sent to all families by 3pm with a notice of canceled dance classes for that evening AND a notice will be posted on Tanya's Studio of Dance facebook page. You may text me after 3pm at 751-5848.
Tanya will measure the students, select costumes, and order in November. A non-refundable costume deposit of $40 per class is due on Nov 1. Costumes will not be ordered if a down payment has not been made. Tanya will then determine the final balance including taxes and shipping charges as of Jan 15. Costume balances will be due no later than Feb 15. Costumes will not be passed out until your TOTAL account (tuition and costume fees) is up to date. Late fees may also be added to your account for late costume payments.
All dancers must wear appropriate dancewear to class, or they will not be allowed to participate. Students 2yrs old- 4th graders must wear a leotard with a ballet skirt or shorts over top. Acceptable dancewear for 5th -12th graders includes: leotards, tights, shorts, ballet skirts, jazz pants, or tank tops. ALL STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR A LEOTARD AND TIGHTS TO CLASS. They may include ballet skirts, shorts, capris, or dance pants. Unacceptable dancewear includes t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, or street clothes. All ballet students are encouraged to wear a ballet skirt. DO NOT come to class like you just left a sports practice or game. Your sports coach would not appreciate it if you came to practice dressed like a dancer. To be a dancer, you must first dress like a dancer! There are many web-sites to order dancewear & tights, please notify Tanya if you need help.
New and used shoes are available for purchase at Tanya’s Studio of Dance. You may bring in a pair of used shoes and trade another pair of used shoes $2. Please bring your child to the studio on or before Mon Aug 15 to be fitted for dance shoes. A final shoe order will be placed on Aug 15. Please do NOT take care of shoes on the 1st day of class!
Parents, legal guardians, and students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on studio property (2207 S 5th Avenue) resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during, or after class time.
Tanya’s Studio of Dance is hereby granted permission to take photographs of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, or any other promotional material.
Miscellaneous “House Rules”
1. Parents are responsible to see that their children are wearing the required dress code, have the required shoes, have cell phones turned to silent, and bring water or a beverage to class each week.
2. Use the circle drive for drop-off and pick-up only. Enter north driveway through to south driveway. Do not park in circle drive. Do not use other neighbor’s driveways to park, pick-up, drop-off, or turn around in. Please stay out of their driveways, and use the circle drive only. Do not block other driveways while waiting for your child. Parking is permitted on the east side of the road Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Parking is permitted on the west side of the road Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Neighbors are encouraged to call police when a customer is parking in or blocking their driveway. Please respect their privacy and be quiet when dropping off or picking up.
3. Please remind your children to be quiet and courteous as they are dropped off and picked up. This is also my home, and I expect all students to respect that. Please do not yell, honk your horns, or use excessive speed down the street. Be aware of all students coming to and from class, entering and exiting driveway safely. Students need to be dropped off no earlier than 10 min. prior to their class time. Please respect the property and do not litter. No loitering before or after classes. No gum is allowed.
4. It is the responsibility of the parent to be aware of all activities and important dates. Each parent will receive a monthly newsletter the 1st week of each month. Extra copies of each newsletter will also be posted outside the studio on the bulletin board. It is the responsibility of the parent to notify the studio of any address, telephone, or email change.
5. Contact me by email email@example.com If you do not have access to email, contact me at 753-1035 and leave a message. I will return your call in a timely manner.